Thursday, September 07, 2006

Homework


The quiet hum of countless conversations in the student center stirs me from my mindles reading that is my metier.
Each person talking has a million things to be done but finds there not so quiet respite in the comfort of a listening ear.
Complaints of hard papers, excitement of new attractions.
This is life at its most unvarnished state.
I can't help but feel alone in the crowd. But there is a strange comfort in my isolated ocean.
I see people rushing around and I feel so safe and select.
Surrounded by strangers. Many. Nameless, faceless many.
I'm afraid I'm going to like it here.
I'm afraid I'mn going to find friends and then lose this sweet sweet complacency.
I'm alone but I'm never been safer.
In a legion of reasons this place is hell.

But I'm afraid of losing this heaven.

2 comments:

wheatable said...

nameless, FACELESS many!!

oh asay I love you... so very much. I want to write this on my wall.

Sara said...

nice bird.
you.... bird, you.

interesting thoughts you have here. Safe in your ocean of isolation.

then again, you always had interesting things to say and more interesting ways to say them.

miss you