Sunday, April 09, 2006

Taboo


For some reason in our group of friends it is unusual to talk about religion at all. but I don't care. I went to a testimony meeting today and this 75 year old woman went up and was crying about how she lost the person she loved and she felt like there was no reason for her to be breathing any longer. She then started to talk about how all she wanted was to go on a mission but she felt so broken because people over 70 weren't allowed to go anymore. She then called a general authority and found out that that rule was repealed and she told how happy she was that she could serve other people and that this one simple thing reminded her that she was loved no matter what happened and no matter how alone she felt.

I want all of my friends to know that I love my God. I am going to serve a mission and I can't wait. Everyone we know has a tendency of doing really stupid things and making other people mad at us or making us mad at ourselves. But there is something at play here that is greater than all of us. I for one am going to clean up... I want everyone else to know that I am doing it because I love the church. I am in no way saying that any of you are bad people or trying to make myself seem better than you, but I have found what makes me happy. I want my friends to be happy. I love all of you... even the ones I'm not talking to because of stupid overdramatic things that are happening.

For those of you that don't relate to anything I'm saying in talking about my love for God... I'm saying this to you the most. Whether or not you love God is irrelevant. HE LOVES YOU! None of you are too far gone to come back to Christ. I am asking you as a friend, if you won't make the right decisions for you... do the right thing for God because he loves you and wants the best for you. I don't want to preach here... but I see what people are doing and I want so much to let you know that there is a better way.

I love all of you so much. And no matter what happens to me... there will still be SOMEONE who loves you as well.

3 comments:

thesexyswede said...

everybody loves...and cares, but nobody wants to show it.

wheatable said...

I am sexy... m mm mmmm...

Oh! Sorry.

Anyways... yea for Asay. He rules my world. Lets throw an "Asay rules the world" party.

m mm mmmm...

Miru said...

good for you asay, good for you