Tuesday, January 25, 2005

It strikes me close

My family has lost 5 members due to the catastrophe in Asia. They weren't really close members so I didn't know them very well. But now I don't even have the chance. Now I realize that when people post songs on this peope don't usually read them (at least I don't) but when i heard this song I couldn't help but have tears come to my eyes. the Ironic thing is, this song came out like 5 years ago. but still appease me and take a look at it.

"The News"

A billion people died on the news tonight
But not so many cried at the terrible sight
Well mama said
It's just make believe
You can't believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight

Who's the one to decide that it would be alright
To put the music behind the news tonight
Well mama said
You can't believe everything you hear
The diagetic world is so unclear
So baby close your ears
On the news tonight
On the news tonight

The unobtrusive tones on the news tonight
And mama said

Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who die?
At least they could be decent enough to put just a tear in their eyes
Mama said
It's just make believe
You cant believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight

6 comments:

Shamae. said...

I read e-v-e-r-y word! But yeah, that is really tragic that some of your family members were over there. I'm glad you heard that song though, man! Music helps it all, even when it makes you cry. ESPECIALLY when it makes you cry.

Button said...

Footnote be happy I am sure you will get a chance to know them later.It just might be a long while before you get to.Footnote you so crazy.
later

wheatable said...

I weep for the people who wern't fortuante enough to die in the disaster. I weep for those who LIVED.

Sara said...

im sorry you never got to be close with those people footnote, but like mette said some day you will get to meet them and they will be so happy that you cared about them and acknowledged them even though they wernt close to you.

tragedies hurt everyone, in a wide radius which really stinks but keep smilin tho, the Lord works in ways that we dont understand......

keep smilin :)

Sara said...

jenn im not a suck up

YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES

i dont need to suck up anyways.

footnote your FAT... ok PHAT..(i cant do it...)

Shamae. said...

hahah, nice try though.