Tuesday, October 19, 2004

G.I. Joes and other random thoughts...

So, as I was talking to Sousa today, we happened upon the subject of childhood toys. That brings us to the item known as: "G.I. Joes" Let me just say that Sousa had some very... peculiar ....names for some of his beloved soldiers. So, that got me thinking. All of us were young once and carefree, and had some very wild imaginations. I'm sure we've all got those favorite toys that we loved too much (thus resulting in the stuffing falling out and limbs being pulled off, etc...) that had the unusual name that no one could quite figure out where the crap you came up with it. For example, I had a crocheted green giraffe that I absolutely ~LOVED~. Only, I called it Horse. Why? I have no idea. So, what are some of your bizarre childhood toy's names? Come on....confession time. Don't hold anything back!

3 comments:

Shamae. said...

I had a blue dog named 'foofer' and a ninja action figure named *Mr. Tripfall, "Stand's" Evil Nemisis* no, like that was his name. If you just called him Mr. Tripfall, you were scholded the old school way. I'd take you back to the farm and make you churn butter for four hours.

Actually, I was about seven, so I think I just bit them and told them his real name.

wheatable said...

My favorite childhood named thing was my blanket. I called him Mr. Blank and he was my best friend. He still is. Then there was Elexis, Fred, Mini Fred, Da Wizzard (yes wizzard), SANCTUARY (that is her name), Charles, and every other thing in the world that I have that has a name. Then there was my barbie that changed her name every time I played with her. She was hot.

Shexpeare said...

Well I had my
"Mr. Russian Spy Man"
He was a black G.I. Joe and ......he was so bendy...like.... AHHH! Toys are the best.